URBAN FORESTER WITH GIS SKILLS
The Tree Management Office will provide urban forest advice, supply chain management, and standardisation for the Green Riyadh Program, one of the most ambitious greening projects.
- Are you interested in large-scale metropolitan projects?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Do you like being part of a multidisciplinary team?
Bödeker Partners Landscape Architects is one of the leading planning offices for landscape planning and management in the Middle East and specialises in public development projects.
- A multicultural and disciplinary work environment
- Full-time position for the initial project duration
- Generous and flexible vacation
- Generous payment to compensate for working overseas
- Onboarding support for living arrangements (accommodation and car rental) and social events
- Flexibility in the timing of assignments in Riyadh to suit your circumstances
We are seeking support from our Tree Management Team to provide spatial analysis, mapping and urban forestry advisory.
- Developing urban forest planning and management questions
- Providing data-driven advice on tree planting and management
- Use remote sensing and GIS analysis
- Provide analytical mapping and cartography
- Reporting and visualisations
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Science Planning, GIS, data science or a relevant major
- Professional certificates in spatial planning, GIS, data science, project management or relevant
- Advanced experience in working with GIS to analyse and map data
- Experience in applying spatial analytics in an urban or environmental planning context
- Knowledge in vegetation management, urban forestry and environmental management and planning is a plus
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and in a team
- High proficiency in English and other languages is a plus
- Three years of work experience in a relevant role, preferably in an urban or environmental planning context
- Flexible commitments based on a freelance/contracting basis
- Availability to relocate to Riyadh
- The 6-day working week for contracts in Riyadh
- Attractive remuneration including living allowance (flight and rental car)
Have we piqued your interest?
Please send an application in English, with a meaningful CV and a work sample, by e-mail to:
BPLA is an equal-opportunity employer, and we want everyone to be able to participate fully in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Therefore, we encourage applications from people of all identities.