Consulting Arborist / Urban Forest Strategist
The Tree Management Office provides urban forest planning and management advice, along with supply chain management for the Green Riyadh Program, one of the most ambitious greening projects aiming to increase Riyadh’s vegetation cover from 1.5% to 9.1% by 2030. Over the course of three years, the Tree Management Office project aims to supply, manage and maintain Riyadh’s urban forest with over 1.5 million trees.
- Are you interested in large-scale metropolitan projects?
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Do you like being part of a multidisciplinary team?
Bödeker Partners Landscape Architects is one of the leading planning offices for landscape planning and management in the Middle East and specialises in public development projects.
- A multicultural and disciplinary work environment
- Full-time position for the initial project duration
- Hybrid work environment and flexibility in the timing of assignments in Riyadh to suit your circumstances
- Onboarding support for living arrangements (accommodation and car rental) and social events
We seek support from our Tree Management Team to provide spatial analysis, mapping and urban forestry advisory.
- Developing urban forest planning and management advice
- Assessing risk and opportunities
- Advising on ecosystem service optimisation in an urban environment
- Providing data-driven advice on tree planting and management
- Reporting and visualisations
- Bachelor’s Degree in arboriculture, environmental science, ecology, urban planning, or a relevant similar
- Professional certificates in spatial planning, GIS, and environmental subjects
- Strategic and system thinking
- Experience in interpreting spatial data
- Experience in spatial planning, vegetation management and urban forestry
- Knowledge in vegetation management, urban forestry and environmental management and planning
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and in a team
- Proficiency in English and other languages is a plus
- Three years of work experience in a relevant role, preferably in an urban or environmental planning context
- Flexible commitments based on a freelance/contracting basis
- Availability to relocate to Riyadh
- 6 working days / week
- accommodation provided on site
- attractive remuneration